Association Excellence in Pediatrics Institute Constitution
The Excellence in Pediatrics Institute is a not-for-profit association registered in Switzerland. By its constitution the main purposes are as follows:
A. Education and professional development in the pediatric field
- Present, through medical conferences and meetings, cutting-edge scientific findings as they relate to clinical practice. The annual Excellence in Pediatrics conference, a global pediatrics meeting, is the flagship event of the Institute;
- Generate "guideline papers" on selective topics related to clinical practice as a result of the annual conference;
- Translate, through medical conferences and meetings, research into best child health care;
- Publish educational booklets on selective topics related to clinical practice as a result of the annual conference;
- Arrange, provide or join in arranging or providing for the holding of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, classes and other training including on-line events;
- Establish, equip and maintain a library (physical and/or on-line library) to collect, compile, print, publish and disseminate information;
- Make any financial grant or award and enter into any contract or arrangement for the provision to any person or body of persons of assistance to participate in educational initiatives related to the objects of the Institute;
- Commit to offer rounded professional development to future pediatricians;
- Offer education to clinicians in training through the Excellence in Pediatrics Schools.
- Create a global Excellence in Pediatrics community to connect pediatricians and related professionals from the clinical, academic and business world that are eager to be continuously educated and to translate and transfer this knowledge into daily practice and improved care for the benefit of their patients;
- Envision a series of web initiatives, targeted at creating an international community of pediatricians "attached" to Excellence in Pediatrics;
- Offer bursaries to participants from developing countries to enable their participation and presentation of their scientific work during the annual Excellence in Pediatrics conferences;
- Offer bursaries for attendance to the Excellence in Pediatrics Schools and other educational activities of repute, whether they are linked to the Excellence in Pediatrics conferences or not;
- Facilitate and fund short visits to Pediatric Centres of Excellence;
- Provide numerous opportunities for structured and informal audience interaction and networking, during the Excellence in Pediatrics Conference;
- Provide the opportunity for continuity, year round learning and community building
- Engage with the developing world.
- Promote research in areas related to pediatric care delivery.
- Encourage and support research into the epidemiology, prevention and treatment of medical conditions covered by the specialty of pediatrics.
- Enable patient-oriented initiatives in consultation and collaboration with accredited patient organisations in the pediatrics field.
- Award excellence in any aspect related to pediatric care (research, education, patient care etc.)
- Engage with key opinion leaders, patient organisations and the pharmaceutical industry to inform pediatric developments in the future
The EIP Institute Steering Committee consists of up to 11 members. The Institute Steering Committee is responsible for the definition of the association’s strategy and the prioritisation of activities towards the materialisation of its vision. The committee decides on the education priorities, the scientific content of the congress, the format and the scientific content of initiatives and campaigns, the activities, the strategic alliances and partnerships and the compliance with the code of ethics. The Institute Steering Committee supports the development of long-term alliances with corporate partners, international and regional associations, organisations and Institutions. The Institute Steering decides on the allocation of available funds on yearly basis, the updating of the code of ethics for both the EiP and the Annual Conference.
The EIP Education Steering Committee, consists of up to 21 members. The EIP Education Steering Committee is responsible to decide on and approve the education content of all EIP education activities except of the annual EIP Conference, including the EIP Essentials Courses, the EIP Lectures Series, the eLearning Sessions and Parents Education Videos.The EIP Education Steering Committee decides on education priorities, the scientific topics to be included in the activity plan, and the final education format for each activity. The EIP Education Steering Committee invites the speakers, tutors and presenters for EIP education Activities and also evaluates and approves members’ nominations to become members of EIP education Faculty.
The EIP Conference Steering Committee consisting of up to 7 members is responsible to develop the scientific programme of the annual EIP Conference. The Conference Steering Committee decides on the structure of the program, the program tracks, the thematic streams, the session topics and the session types. The Conference Steering Committee invites the speakers, tutors and presenters for EIP conference and also evaluates and approves members’ nominations to present at EIP Conference. The committee decides on abstract submission specifications, submission categories, abstract reviewing criteria and appoints each year the contributions review committee.
The EIP Initiative Steering Committee for each initiative or campaign consists of up to 7 members. Each committee decides the Initiative’s activity plan, the education materials and the communication messages. The EIP Initiative Steering Committee is responsible to mobilise the regional and national medical communities and form alliances with regional and international associations, organisations, and institutions.